Jomsom Muktinath trek also called Kaligandaki valley trek which is situated in Kaligandaki valley (The river have world’s deepest gorge) area is situated in north of Pokhara and it is in Annapurna region. Jomsom and Muktinath trekking trekkers mostly choose Pokhara flight to Jomsom and trek end in Nayapul, Beni Bazaar or Dhampus Phedi (Surkhet phedi) and drive to Pokhara and next day drive or flight to Kathmandu. If you feel uncomfortable to hike Ghorepani from Nayapul then you will have an option to drive from Pokhara to Beni and to Tatopani and then easy hike to Jomsom. This trip might be suitable for fat and aged people who couldnot walk through steep trial.
If you afraid about high altitude sickness we suggest to begin the Jomsom Muktinath trek from Phedi, Nayapul or Beni Bazaar because if you start trekking from low altitude very less possible to get high altitude problem but in our experiences still no body getting problem even they fly to Jomsom and move for trekking. Jomsom and Muktinath trekking offers some of the most dramatic superb views of the highest and most beautiful mountains in Annapurna region. Jomsom Airport is very small so there are small Aircraft operates their flight regularly in the morning if weather support them. We suggest to book earlier flight tickets for this sector because at the last minute it is very hard to get flight seats.
Nepalese Army builds the road from Beni bazaar to Muktinath which is also make easy for local people to go Muktinath and come down to Pokhara but still Army making the road so we suggest not to use the road, trek through side trial, even it would be nice to walk through rush road with magnificient views of western himalaya.
Main attractions of Jomsom and Muktinath trekking are visit to Muktinath temple (Hindu pilgrimage site), Tatopani (natural hot spring) and Ghorepani poon hill (a magnificent sunrise view point in whole Annapurna region) Jomsom and the trial offers a beautiful views of deepest gorge which is cut by powerful Kali Gandaki River through the Himalaya between the massive peaks of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna, view of wonderful Dhaulagiri Icefall, Nilgiri, Tukuche peak, Himchuli and other popular mountains.
- Day 1 Drive to Pokhara
- Day 2 Drive to Nayapul and hike to Tirkhedhunga(4 hours walking)
- Day 3 Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (5-6 hours walking)
- Day 4 Ghorpani to Tatopani ( 5-6 hours walking)
- Day 5 Tatopani to Ghasa (6-7 hours walking)
- Day 6 Ghasa to Tukuche (6-7 hours walking)
- Day 7 Tukuche to Kagbeni ( 5-6 hours walking)
- Day 8 Kagbeni – Muktinath (3-4 hours walking)
- Day 9 Muktinath to Jomsom (4 hours walking)
- Day 10 Flight to Pokhara and transfer to Hotel
- Day 11 Drive to Kathmandu
Note: The tour can be extended to Chitwan national park for two more nights for jungle excursions.
- Airport arrival & departure transfer,
- Two overnight Kathmandu hotel with breakfast
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu tourist coach
- Pokhara to Nayapul transfer
- Trekking area entry permit (Conservation permit and TIMS)
- English spoken guide and porters
- Two overnight Pokhara hotel with breakfast
- Accommodation & meals during the trek at lodge.
- Expenses and allowance for trekking crew and their insurance.
- Personal expenses
- Bar & Beverages ( Hard and Soft)
- Meals at Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Gratuity to staff and others
- Insurance in case of emergency ( In case for helicopter evacuation)
- Flight fare etc.
Trip Start From:
Trip End In:
November and March – May , however as rain shadow area, it is possible to hike in June-July also.